SRDC is excited to announce the upcoming launch of the Small Business Technical Assistance Exchange. Applications to this grant program opened on Monday, November 6 at 2 p.m. The application is now available at www.rdcsofvermont.org
What is the SBTAE?
The Small Business Technical Assistance Exchange (SBTAE) is a program operated by the Regional Development Corporations (RDC) that serve Vermont businesses and is funded by the State of Vermont.
What does the grant cover?
The purpose of the program is to help fund special, one-time projects for Vermont-based small businesses that may not be able to access such services otherwise. The funding covers up to $4,000 in technical assistance projects, and 183 projects will be funded between now and May 2024. Navigators from the RDCs of Vermont will help businesses in each region determine eligibility, apply, access the program, find a vendor and identify a good project, keep the project on track, and connect with additional resources.
Who is eligible to apply?
Businesses based in Vermont which:
- Operate within Vermont at a physical Vermont address.
- Have annual average revenues greater than $5,000 and less than $5,000,000.
- Have been in operation for at least 12 months at the time of application.
- Have no more than 50 employees
Who does this program prioritize?
SBTAE prioritizes businesses owned by BIPOC, Women, Young Vermonters, Mature Vermonters, people with disabilities, Veterans, LGBTQ+-identifying business owners, justice-involved individuals, and those in rural areas.
Can I apply if I am outside a priority category?
Yes! Those who are outside a priority category, those who have previously received ReVTA or CNPP awards, and those in high-population areas may be waitlisted if the program becomes oversubscribed.
What types of projects does this program fund?
- Business Assistance
- Legal and other Professional Services
- Technology and software consulting
- Digital strategies
- Architecture and Design consulting
- Marketing and Branding
- Financial services
- Other technical assistance services as approved by the Program Administrator, Shaneall Ferron of CVEDC, and the committee overseeing the program.
Can I apply for an award if I am a vendor offering services?
The provision of services does not exclude you from receiving services if you are eligible. We welcome vendors to also apply as clients.
Here are some ways to get more information and participate:
- To speak directly with someone about this program, click here.
- Join us November 3, 1:30 p.m., for a live Q&A and overview of the program.
- Visit rdcsofvermont.org to apply and learn more about this program, the RDCs, and the history of Technical Assistance programs they have offered, including success stories from the over 800 businesses this work has supported.