Windsor Improvement Corporation – Media Manager
The Media Manager position entails maintaining social media accounts and digital marketing creation, as well as working in collaboration with the Windsor Improvement Corporation (WIC) Marketing Committee to regularly create and post appropriate, creative content that follows the outline of the Windsor Promotion Plan.
- We are looking for a Media Manager who can enhance our brand and build a strong, sustainable online presence through various media platforms. The Media Manager will be responsible for developing and administering media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and the community.
- The successful candidate will be required to collect and review social media data in order to develop effective campaigns.
- The position will focus on creating, observing and highlighting happenings around town. Monitoring tweets, responding to Facebook posts, and otherwise cohesively managing media platforms are all examples of what the position will entail.
- The ideal candidate should be open to understanding which different media formats such as text (articles), video, images and podcasts resonate with our particular niche.
- The ideal candidate should know how to integrate content across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other social networks.
- The candidate needs to have an understanding of how search, content, and social media all work together.
- Work in collaboration with the WIC Marketing Committee and community partners, including but not limited to Springfield Regional Development Corporation (SRDC) and the Town Office, to implement a cohesive online media presence.
- Develop content for dissemination via social media, websites and other distribution channels.
- Build and manage social media profile and presence.
- In collaboration with the WIC Marketing Committee, conduct regular website and social media account maintenance
- Monthly attendance of WIC Marketing Committee meetings to provide updates on progress.
- Ability to work independently
- Writing skills
- The art and science of headline writing.
- Writing engaging introductions.
- Structuring your text for easy reading online. People will be skimming and scanning, meaning subtitles, bullet points and numbering are part of the skillset.
- Marketing background
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Commensurate with experience
- The ideal candidate can expect to dedicate 50-100 hours a year (Average 4-8 hours monthly) to the position.
Windsor Improvement Corporation (WIC) is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Interested applicants please submit a resume, writing sample, and examples of previous work if applicable to email@example.com.
Questions regarding the position? Please contact Mike Welker at 717-514-5798 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org